Read the full article by Yiliqi and Sujatha Bergen (NRDC)
“PFAS (per and polyfluoroalkyl substances) are becoming the latest fashion faux pas across multi-billion dollar apparel brands. February kicked off with a series of major announcements to eliminate the toxic ‘forever chemical’ from iconic brands:
- Ralph Lauren committed to eliminate toxic PFAS use in all of its products by the end of 2022.
- American Eagle confirmed plans to eliminate all PFAS use by 2024.
- Abercrombie & Fitch reported it plans to ensure all PFAS use in its supply chain is ended by 2025.
- PVH, parent company of Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and several other major U.S. apparel brands, announced plans to phase out the use of all PFAS from its supply chain by 2024.
- And, Patagonia, Inc. recently updated its website to reflect a PFAS phase-out by 2024.”…