Save the Date: June 10-12, 2019
Location: Northeastern University, Boston
The Organizing Committee of the 2017 PFAS Conference is happy to announce that a second conference will be held in Boston, June 10-12, 2019 at Northeastern University. The significant growth in the number of contaminated sites, public awareness, community organizing, public policy, advisories and regulation, scientific research, and media attention calls us to once again bring together the array of participants that made the first conference so successful.
Please find confirmed speakers below.
- Dr. Linda Birnbaum, Director of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, will be keynote speaker.
- Arlene Blum, Green Science Policy Institute
- Patrick Breysse, ATSDR
- Rob Bilott, Taft Law
- Julia Brody, Silent Spring Institute
- Ken Cook, Environmental Working Group
- Chris Higgins, Colorado School of Mines
- Sharon Lerner, The Intercept
- Detlef R.U. Knappe, North Carolina State University
- Gina McCarthy, Harvard School of Public Health
- Gloria Post, New Jersey Dept. of Environmental Protection (TBC)
Registration, attendance, and funding information is forthcoming.
Please email Melanie Smith with any questions: email@example.com
This conference is supported by grant funding from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), and is co-hosted by the Social Science Environmental Health Research Institute – SSEHRI (Northeastern University, Boston, MA), Silent Spring Institute (Newton, MA), Testing for Pease (Portsmouth, NH), Toxics Action Center (Boston, MA), Sources, Transport, Exposure, & Effects of PFAS – STEEP (University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI), and Michigan State University (East Lansing, Michigan), and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).